This is a paid position in the Atlanta, GA area. DO NOT apply if you do not meet the requirements. If you are looking to write freelance, please find our posting on GameSkinny about pitching.
GameSkinny is looking for a Weekend Associate Editor and Freelance Writer. We need one brave, talented, passionate soul who loves games as much as they love the Oxford Comma to guide writers toward greatness.
Search deep within your soul, and ask yourself… are you that editor? This position involves hours on the weekends spent editing content, and writing or coming up with content ideas at any time during the week.
This part-time, hourly, contract position will require:
- Editing articles on GameSkinny with attention to spelling, readability, grammar, accuracy, and entertainment.
- Increasing SEO and search quality of articles.
- Providing helpful, informative, friendly feedback to GameSkinny writers.
- Acting on a genuine desire to help GameSkinny grow as a community, a destination for gamers, and a great place for writers.
- Articulating writing techniques and advice to many levels of English proficiency.
- Providing guidance to our training program members as needed during coverage hours.
- Researching, planning and coming up with a minimum of 40 article ideas per week to be handed out to our writers.
- Writing articles as a freelancer as needed.
- 5-12 hours of editorial coverage spread over each weekend (Saturday and Sunday), depending on content volume.
This is a remote position, but applicants must be within reasonable distance of the Atlanta area, because there are times when we will want to see your shining face in our offices, and we may have opportunities to review physical copies of games and hardware.
Candidates who do not meet the specific qualifications or follow the directions listed here should not apply.
You are the right person if you are:
- Experienced – This isn’t your first online publication; you’ve written about gaming before. You either have your own blog or have contributed to an outlet. You know how to write with formatting and SEO keywords in mind.
- Independent and Motivated – You know how to manage your time and are comfortable in an online setting.
- Knowledgeable – Your primary focus is gaming. You do what you write and you know the ins and outs of the industry.
GameSkinny is a part of Launch Media Network and has been live since 2012.