[ Update – (18th April) – Positions are being filled quickly by some excellent applications folks. Get in touch! ]
D-pad Joy is a newly launched video game site that strives for quality in everything we do. If you’re a passionate and talented creator, we want to hear from you. We’re currently looking for gaming experts to join our small, but growing team. Our available positions are as follows:
News writers x 2
We need game writers who can focus on the biggest gaming news of the week, especially those who have an impressive knowledge of the Xbox and PlayStation systems. These experts will know instinctively what gamers want to hear about on a weekly basis.
You would be required to post 2-3 news stories a week at first – the emphasis here is on quality, not quantity. Your written English must be of a high standard.
Reviewers x 2 /Feature Writers x 2
We need game reviewers who are comfortable in long-form writing and love to analyse the games they play. You would be expected to review games as they come out.
Our feature pieces will vary in length, but we’re looking for creativity here. We’re also not expecting you to churn out pieces, one high quality post a week is a good place to start.
Again for both positions, your written English must be of a high standard.
Video Producer x 2
We’re also looking for dedicated YouTube video producers who can create compelling video content for our audience. If you’re comfortable being in front of the camera, that’s even better. Previous experience with YouTube would be a bonus here.
These positions are unpaid initially, but we don’t plan for it to be this way forever. You will also receive the following for your time and effort:
- Free video games!
- Tutelage from people who have worked in the games industry
- A platform for your voice and recognition for your work on a professional site
Interested? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating what position you’re applying for in the subject line. Here’s what each position requires on application:
- News writers – a fresh sample of your writing (250-450 words) written on anything newsworthy that has happened in the past 5 days. If your sample is good enough, we will also publish this as your first piece for the site.
- Reviewers and feature writers – a fresh sample of your writing (500-1000 words) that sells your creativity; show your passion for gaming. Maybe that’s an existential analysis of your favourite game. Maybe it’s something else. If your sample is good enough, we will also publish this as your first piece for the site.
- Video producers – Please produce a video for us that shows off your media skills. That might be a Let’s Play of you playing your favourite game. It also might be a discussion on the games industry or something you feel needs the video format to really get your point across.
Don’t bother applying if you’re the type of person that quits after the first month. It’s a waste of time and energy for us both. We want you to grow with us.
N.B. If you haven’t heard from us straight away, relax – we consider all applications with great care and attention to detail.