Relevant Gaming has grown very quickly over the last few months and because of that we are looking to build a relationship with freelance journalist to help us discover and write about games, gamers, mods, interesting communities, and more. If you have an idea to pitch, we want to hear from you.
Here are a few ideas for feature stories to help give you a sense of what we’re looking for:
- In the locker room with EVIL GENIUS, how the current team came together.
- Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, Why does nostalgia sell so well
- Clara, a girl caught cheating and what went wrong the interview
If you’re interested in writing for us, here’s a list of dos and don’ts:
- Send us a short pitch outlining the feature story you want to write in 1-2 paragraphs. Explain both WHY this is a good story for Relevant Gaming and HOW you plan to tell it.
- Tell us who you plan to interview for the feature and a target word count.
- Be creative. The stories above are guidelines, but we want stories about mods, communities, history, and the making of games.
- Pitch interesting ideas around the hottest topics: Overwatch, Xbox One X, Top Streamers, E-Sports, Switch etc.
- Remember that not everything has to be a 3000 word behind-the-scenes feature. We’re always looking for short features and galleries, too, like list style post or satire.
- Briefly tell us about yourself and include links to existing writing samples.
- Send an email saying that you generally want to write about video games. We’re looking for specific pitches with strong ideas—see above!
- Tell us you want to write your opinion about a particular game or trend. We’re looking for interviews and stories, not op-eds.
- Suggest interview subjects you won’t have a chance of getting in touch with.
Our Rate at this time is $20 per accepted pitch and will be paid upon publication of completed article via PayPal.
NOTE: Relevant Gaming is growing at an exceptional rate and we hope to respond to every e-mail we receive but this is not always the case. If you feel like your pitch may have been over-looked then you can re-submit to the email address below.
Let’s tell cool stories together! Email us at email@example.com.