Esports Reporter, Twinfinite
Location : Working remotely through Slack
Salary : Negotiable
Time Commitment: Your own schedule
Twinfinite is a video game enthusiast site that launched in October of 2011. Our coverage includes breaking news, wide-ranging analysis, and fun, positive, light-hearted takes on popular video game topics.
Twinfinite’s esports reporter will be the primary person responsible for populating Twinfinite’s esports coverage. You’ll work alongside the editors to assist in covering popular esports titles such as League of Legends, Overwatch, Hearthstone, CS: GO, DOTA 2, etc.
You will work on your own schedule to ensure Twinfinite’s esports coverage is as up to date and complete as possible. The esports reporter will also have the freedom to write opinion/feature articles about esports and conduct interviews in addition to regular news coverage.
- Knowledgeable about a wide variety of different esports titles
- Willingness to research and follow any titles not immediately familiar to them
- Up-to-date on upcoming major events
- Experience working with an online publication
- Comprehension of WordPress and Slack
- High editorial standards and the ability to publish news articles without supervision with minimal to no errors and an adherence to AP style
- Demonstrates the capability of finding interesting news topics beyond traditional channels, is able to discern what is and isn’t newsworthy, as well as which sources are trustworthy
- The ability to reach out to industry contacts for news coverage or interview purposes
- Active social media and gaming community presence
- Knowledge of SEO standards
- Ability to speak Korean
- On-camera experience
- Established industry contacts