WHAT IS PLUSMANA?
PlusMana.com is an anlaytical-centric blog that covers gaming, esports and hardware. After a relaunch and rebranding exercise in May 2017, we have seen a surge in traffic and are looking to expand by hiring more paid writers.
WHY SHOULD I WRITE FOR PLUSMANA?
Some argue these niche are already saturated (e.g. Kotaku has established a strong following in the gaming scene). PlusMana has recently published a recruiting pitchbook articulating why we are uniquely positioned as a brand – read the pdf copy of our recruiting pitchbook here.
In essence, we believe that as gaming, eSports and hardware converge on the same target audience, PlusMana will be well-received as a one-stop blog for analytical pieces in these three niches – the Google analytics pattern after we relaunched certainly seems to reaffirms this (see recruiting pitchbook).
Not convinced? Since our rebranding in early May 2017, we are averaging ~300 unique views per day and increasing.
PlusMana is seeing promising results from its rebranding and our site averages ~2,000 hits per week. Your carefully crafted opinion will be heard on the web, instead of being lost amongst the sea of clickbait titles and articles. For example our esports pieces have been retweeted by established event organizers (e.g. CEO 2017 Fighting Game Championship ).
BE THE FIRST
PlusMana has grown in stature since our relaunch and we have been invited on various occasions test out both new gaming platforms, as well as new game releases.
- Invited to early trial for Utomik gaming platform – the rising ‘Netflix of video games’
- Invited for early release review for “Air Missions: HIND”, rated 9/10 on Steam
- Invited for early release review for “Rabbit Story”
BE PART OF A COMMUNITY
Joining PlusMana does not mean you will be a siloed writer, with the editor being your sole point-of-contact – far from that! PlusMana is an actual community of writer, who genuinely cares about esports, video games and hardware. We have an active Discord channel that is full of friendly banter, and a great way for you to bounce ideas off and learn from other columnists. For instance, consider this screenshot from our Discord channel, taken during the E3 2017 presentation.
Get Paid $2 Per Article: Some sites might look to grow by recruiting an army or legion of free writers to post regular content, with no regard for quality, merely quantity of posts. PlusMana respects your time, and we firmly believe well written articles are worth paying money for. PlusMana pays a guaranteed flat rate of $2 USD per article – payed to you via PayPal upon publication of your article (flat fee comes with a variable component on number of viewsas one becomes more seasoned).
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Feel free to find out more at our dedicated hiring page @ http://plusmana.com/joinus/
PlusMana is currently recruiting for the following four roles.
- Original and thought provoking reviews or previews on the latest titles
- Discuss the most debated issues in the video games industry
- Published examples: Turn-Based RPGs: Case for a Comeback and Gamers Are Not Antisocial; We Have High Social Standards
Game Guru / Guide:
- Passion for and mastery of any particular popular modern game of any genre
- Easy-to-follow game guides on the game of your interest
- Examples: Best Skill Build in Witcher 3, Guide to climbing MMR ladder as a Support role in Dota 2
- Proficient in one or more of the major eSports (including but not limited to): LoL, Dota 2, Hearthstone and CS:GO
- Avid follower of the eSports scene – teams, players and metagame
- Analyze and breakdown advanced gameplays made by the pros
- Published examples: TSM vs CLG: Breaking Down the Mini Reverse Sweep and Lunatic Hai vs Rogue: East Meets West
- Passion for the latest technology, gadget and hardware (anything from audio to video equipment, consoles to PC rigs or peripherals)
- Published example: Gaming Setup Guide: Futuristic Red
FAQ #1 – SUBMISSION AND PAYMENT
- Writers are expected to submit a draft (quick description or bullet points of the ideas to be covered in their published piece) to the editorial team
- Editorial team will read and review the submitted drafts – if the draft is in line with what PlusMana is looking to publish, the green light to proceed will be given
- Upon reviewing your final piece, assuming the piece is up to standard, we will wire US$2 to your PayPal account before publishing the piece on the site
- Do note that the editorial team reserves the right to decline posting your final articles (e.g. if it is not up to standards) – in such a case, no piece will be published and no payment will be made
FAQ #2 – WRITERS
- We have no restrictions in terms of the amount of articles you can submit (there is no minimum, or maximum per week)
- Contributors will be granted access to our wordpress CMS (with draft submission privileges only); A 101 guide will be provided to newly onboarded writers on how to navigate the WordPress CMS
- The PlusMana team will be publishing articles for you under your name to ensure a consistent look on the website
FAQ #3 – HISTORY OF THE SITE
- PlusMana was founded back in 3Q 2016, and underwent a rebranding in early May 2017 (along with a change in management and editorial team) –
- The site is currently averaging 300+ unique viewers a day(feel free to email us if you need verification of Google Analytics data)