Do you live for video games? We just happen to be looking to expand our team of passionate gamers and writers. Specifically, we are looking for writers who can help concentrate on the News from the many press releases submitted by the video game industry.
We are okay with you wanting to contribute with opinion pieces as well, but specifically news pieces.
GameGuiders wants to be a site that keeps up with the daily news but concentrates on opinion pieces on those topics that matter. This brings a more in depth look into the world of gaming whether the piece be about something that is in-development, new, or just announced for the following year. We are there the minute we hear about it from the developers. We are looking to grow and in order to do that we are looking for content creators to jump on board.
This position will require applicants to both be able to write 150+ word news pieces as well as much longer 1000+ word reviews, features, and interviews. We’ll be able to provide everything needed for both news and reviews, though some level of initiative will be needed to gather resources for certain pieces.
– Must be 18 years and older
– Have a passion and dedication to gaming
– Willing to learn all about the field, that being said, you should have a talent for showing your true understanding of games, how they work and identify with the audience’s need for easy to understand and informative reviews and guides.
– Whether it be part-time or full-time(8 hours or more), dedicate yourself to those periods during the week and if needed catch up during the weekend.
– Willing to stay with us long-term and not just leave after the first month. We want you to grow, as well as continue to grow with us!
What will you get in return:
– Flexible schedule during the week and you get to work from home,
– You receive codes for games to review, once your prove yourself to the team
-Writers will eventually have access to a shared steam account to gain access to games for review purposes.
– If you know English and write it fluently without a problem, then the opportunity is open to everyone!
– NO monetary at the moment, but will be added later on if you stick with us long enough.
Should you wish to apply, please send all applications to email@example.com; You will need to have a cover letter explaining why you would like to join GameGuiders, as well as a sample article written by you (must be gaming related). The piece must be new and from the hottest topic of that day in gaming, and it has to be between 300 and 650 words (with sources included).