Freelance Strategy Guide Writer (Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
TheNerdStash.com is looking for an eager freelance Strategy Guides Writer to contribute featured articles to our site. Applicants should be able to research and new and popular games, find topics that are trending and would make a worthwhile strategy guide, and writing them promptly when they are still trending. We want to build our library of guides and how-to articles for gamers worldwide!
The Nerd Stash is an established News/Media company that has been around for over six years, covering daily news in the areas of movies, TV, video games, technology, and comics. We encourage any interested candidate to visit thenerdstash.com to see if you think you are a good fit for our culture. Don’t have a lot of experience? We believe in taking chances on someone who has the mindset to jump in headfirst, so do not let that sway you from applying to work with us. Our approach is to work closely with our staff, build excellent working relationships, and provide flexibility to make it a positive environment.
Why work for The Nerd Stash?
- An opportunity to write for an established news/media site.
- Provides constructive feedback and works closely with other guide writers to collaborate to develop your skills.
- Access to Game Codes and More!
- Promotion from within with extra incentives!
- You are not just a number! We love to keep in communication with all our writers and support them however we can!
Interested in joining our team? Let’s discuss expectations!
- Able to maintain a weekly commitment to write a minimum of 4 strategy guides per week/16 per month in total to start. Opportunities for growth and higher scales are available!
- Pitch Guide Ideas, as needed.
- Stay up to date on trending guide-topics in the Gaming industry.
- Work under a strict deadline and submit content on time.
- Implement feedback provided by the editorial team.
- Keep an open line of communication with our editorial team.
- Learning and following the processes regarding SEO guidelines.
- Know the difference between a news article and a strategy game guide.
- Ability to adapt and submit timely guides when they are trending.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Attention to details to avoid grammatical errors and typos.
- Relevant experience in writing and editing.
- Experience writing in WordPress.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to properly source from different websites.
- Ability to edit images.
- Experience with SEO standards.
- Google Analytics.
- Google Trends.
Still Interested? Ready to Apply?
After reading everything, what do you think? Are you someone who loves to help people strategize through a game? Are you a writer that has something to contribute to our site? Are you ready to dive in and be a part of our team? If so, please apply!
- Cover letter.
- Provide 2-3 examples of your previously published work.
NOTE: Resume, Cover letter, and examples of work must be submitted before applicants will be considered. Please make sure to demonstrate your ability to write a strategy game guide in your cover letter.
Apply now at:
Join us today and be a part of our growing team!
This is a work from home position
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nerds of the World Unite!