GT is looking for Writers
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you like video games? Do you like writing about video games? Would you like to get free review copies of games weeks before they come out? How about getting to interview the people who made those games? If the answer to those questions is "yes," you'd fit right in with us at Gaming Trend!
We at Gaming Trend are a small group of video game fanatics, and we are looking for additional writers to help us cover all of the ins and outs of the industry to a growing audience of readers. As a member of our staff, you'll be responsible for covering current events, writing news articles, reviewing and previewing games, interviewing various game type people, podcasting, video creation, and, well, anything that strikes your fancy.
Why would you want to write for Gaming Trend?
- Free reign to pursue the projects and topics you want to write about. Want to interview indie devs? Or perhaps an op-ed on industry current events? As long as you run it by management first, you'll likely be encouraged to write about it.
- Free games, books, and peripherals to review and preview! As long as we don't need to send it back to whomever sent it to us, it's yours to keep.
- Access to industry events like E3, PAX, Comic-Con, and more!
- The ability to grow a portfolio and develop your own writing style with hands-on experienceRequirements for the job
- Must be literate, detail-oriented, passionate and able to string a proper sentence together without excessive editing. We're not expecting miracles, but you should know the difference between "your" and "you're."
- Must be able to submit 1-2 long-form features per month.
- We understand that life can get in the way, and as long as you give us a heads-up, we can work around your schedule.
- Reviews must be completed within 7 days of receiving product, or by embargo (whichever comes first). More time will be granted to larger games like MMORPGs, but we've found 7 days is a good standard time for 90% of the games released today.
- Must be willing to share your work on various social media sites--the Twitters, the Facebooks, N4G, Reddit, and so on.
You should love video games (this is a given), but if you've got other interests, let it show in your writing. A broad worldview makes your writing far more interesting.
If you would like to join the Gaming Trend team, please send us an email to email@example.com.
Please include in the email:
- Your name
- A short introduction describing yourself
- Your favorite game and why
- The systems that you own
- Your availability
Attach two writing samples
Your application has been successfully submitted.