GT is looking for News Editors
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you like video games? Do you like writing about video games? Would you like to get free review copies of games weeks before they come out? How about getting to interview the people who made those games? If the answer to those questions is "yes," you'd fit right in with us at Gaming Trend!
We at Gaming Trend are a small group of video game fanatics, and we are looking for additional writers to help us cover all of the ins and outs of the industry to a growing audience of readers. As a member of our staff, you'll be responsible for covering current events, writing news articles, interviewing various game type people, podcasting, video creation, and, well, anything that strikes your fancy.
Why would you want to be a news editor for Gaming Trend?
- Talking about the biggest news happening in the gaming industry, as news breaks and chasing leads you find interesting.
- There are other perks -- Free games, books, and peripherals to review and preview! As long as we don't need to send it back to whomever sent it to us, it's yours to keep. You’ll be focused on the news beat, but we want you to be able to develop your preview and review style as well.
- Opportunities for access to industry events like E3, PAX, Comic-Con, and more!
- The ability to grow a portfolio and develop your own writing style with hands-on experience
- Some compensation (to be discussed with the editor-in-chief during application process)
Requirements for the job
- Must be literate, detail-oriented, passionate and able to string a proper sentence together without excessive editing. We're not expecting miracles, but you should know the difference between "your" and "you're."
- Must be able to submit 5-10 news pieces per week. We understand that life can get in the way, and as long as you give us a heads-up, we can work around your schedule.
- Capture breaking gaming news in a timely manner; we want to be a part of sharing the biggest stories in the industry
- Must be willing to share your work on various social media sites--the Twitters, the Facebooks, N4G, Reddit, and so on.
- You should love video games (this is a given), but if you've got other interests, let it show in your writing. A broad worldview makes your writing far more interesting.
If you would like to join the Gaming Trend team, please send us an email to email@example.com. Please include in the email:
- Your name
- A short introduction describing yourself
- Your favorite game and why
- The systems that you own
- Your availability
- Attach two writing samples (possible news coverage preferred.)
Your application has been successfully submitted.