Review & Article Writers
This job is no longer accepting applications.
I’m Jessica, the PR Liaison at www.GameGrin.com
We are a good-sized site looking for new voluntary contributors to join our team of dedicated review & article staff of about 30, many of whom have been with us for several years.
We are expanding due to a growing number of online events in recent months, and need flexible people who can help attend said events, in multiple time zones. Once things begin returning to physical events, we will resume sending writers to events such as E3 and gamescom, as we have done in the past.
We have a high Alexa rating, and are on Metacritic and OpenCritic, and have good ties with a number of AAA publishers and developers. We are also adored by indie developers, as we are more likely to cover their games than larger sites are. We have a low turnover of staff which we put down to our training, weekly team meetings and our desire to help you grow as a writer. Former writers have moved on to Hi-Rez, Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard, and Codemasters, amongst others.
What you get from us:
- We hold a weekly voice meeting, keeping you up to date.
- We receive games to review and will supply them to writers.
- We are open and understanding if you need a break.
- Our feedback system is second to none, and everyone is encouraged to improve their writing.
- We can provide a job reference, and assist in interview preparation.
- You will be someone who loves gaming and are passionate about writing.
- You will hand in at least two pieces of work a month (reviews, previews, or articles) based on PC, Switch, PlayStation 4/5 or Xbox One/Series titles, of 600+ words in English.
- You understand that being a games journalist is more than just playing awesome games for free, and that you also have to play your share of bad ones too.
- You accept that you will not always get to play something in your prefered genres.
- You're willing to make a commitment to be a part of a team, and do what needs to be done for the good of the site.
Please send an application email to email@example.com . In your email include your name, country, age, a list of your platforms and briefly explain why you’d like to join our team.
You must also include sample reviews or articles (CVs/resumes are not samples), as we will not consider you if there are no samples. They must be at least 500 words, and reviews must be scored out of 10. Either attach your samples to the email or link to a website where they are published.
Unfortunately, only selected applicants will be contacted.
Thanks for reading, we look forward to hearing from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We love games and it shows