Entertainment Editor: News Content
This job is no longer accepting applications.
TheNerdStash.com is looking for editors for our site. Our editorial team is looking for an experienced editor to oversee news content under the leadership of the Lead Editor. Candidates will have tremendous career growth opportunities within the organization.
The Nerd Stash is an established News/Media company that has been around for over six years, covering daily news in the areas of movies, TV, video games, technology, and comics. We encourage any interested candidate to visit thenerdstash.com to see if you think you are a good fit for our culture. Our approach is to work closely with our staff, build excellent working relationships, and provide flexibility to make it a positive environment.
Why work for The Nerd Stash?
- An opportunity to edit/write for an established news media organization.
- Potential to earn bonus money with special opportunities and assignments.
- Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system.
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given first consideration :
- Image editing.
- SEO knowledge.
- Google Analytics.
- Google Trends.
- A successful record of working in a team environment, expanding coverage, and driving traffic.
Interested in joining our team? Let’s discuss expectations!
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Working with the editorial team (in the areas of Movies/TV, Video Games, Technology, and Comics) to edit and publish news in all areas.
- Relevant experience in senior writing and editing roles.
- Combination of editing/writing (primary focus on editing).
- Participate in writer development and general writer management.
- Reviewing all details in submitted articles in relation to grammar, spelling, images, and sources/fact-checking.
- Send feedback to writers according to The Nerd Stash’s standards.
- Work under strict deadlines by editing and publishing content on time.
- Keep an open line of communication with staff writers.
- Work with new staff to develop their skills to adapt to our standards.
- Work with existing writers to develop skills that lead to potential growth in the organization.
- Develop content plans (story ideas) and target trending topics.
- Experience in writing and using proper grammar and spelling.
- Vast knowledge in the areas of gaming, movies and tv, comics, and technology.
- Good communication skills.
- Good understanding of News content.
- Quick learner with a strong sense of urgency.
- Experience with SEO standards.
- Ability to write articles free of errors and grammar.
- Cover letter.
- Provide 2-3 examples of your previously published work.
NOTE: Only applicants who possess the necessary skills and experience will be contacted, and only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. In your cover letter, please make sure to demonstrate your ability to use proper grammar, spell words correctly, writing experience, and share your knowledge of SEO best practices. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included. Please note that the next steps in the hiring process involve both a writing evaluation and an interview.
Join us today and be a part of our growing team!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nerds of the World Unite!