Speedrunning Expert Video Gaming Writers Needed
Attention all Speedrunning fans, we have an opportunity you shouldn’t pass on!
We at Avid Achievers are on the lookout for Speedrunning and trophy-hunting experts to join our writing team. We need writers that are active members of the speedrunning and trophy-hunting community, either as a runner/collector, or an expert in the field. We want those that never miss GDQ every year, that are well-versed in the best streamers who run games and have a wealth of knowledge regarding the history of speedrunning. Or if you are a completionist, we want someone with Platinums aplenty and a PS Trophies profile that’s chocked full of 100%’s. We have a wealth of topics to cover and a cavalcade of speedrunning/trophy-related opportunities to explore. So if this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Please do not apply for this role if you do not have expert gaming experience!
Some topics may include:
-- Speedrunning Listicles
-- Speedrunning Guides
-- Feature Interviews with Speedrunning and Achievement hunting personalities
-- Blog content on Trophy hunting culture and the speedrunning community
-- Speedrunning related opinion-based content
What we're looking for:
- Someone who can write detailed road maps and guides from an expert gamer’s perspective
- Someone who either absorbs a lot of speedrunning content or is an active member of these communities
- Content writing experience preferred
- Positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond to produce unique and eye-catching content (Not just Google Research and SEO tweaking)
- Must be able to demonstrate subject matter expertise before hire!
Compensation will include:
- Rate per article written (if entirely written)
- May be opportunities to produce video content in the future
We are a team of passionate content creators building gaming brands from the ground up. Venture 4th Media (our parent company) has 130+ websites and 200+ writers, editors, videographers. We love hiring passionate experts to help us create amazing content and build serious brands from the start!
We have many video game and nerd enthusiasts sites to join for the right person.
How to Apply:
Please apply via this form and follow the instructions below:
- Tell me why you want to write about these topics (go ahead and brag)
- Must include relevant writing samples!
- Include your competitive rate per 2000 word article (on average).
- Include a rate per word if that's easier.
- Please include links to your published articles that will show attribution
- Please share a minimum of 2 social media links (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Any links to PSN Trophies profiles, speedrunning leaderboards, applicable streams or anything of this nature would be greatly appreciated.
Work can get started right away, so don't hesitate to reach out!
Must be willing to go through a 15-min. 'get to know' you interview so we can meet you and access your niche expertise.
Looking for 2 - 3 writers for this site, looking forward to reviewing your applications.
I will only reach out to writers who follow these instructions and are suitable for this role. Work can be done remotely, but we are going to be partial to niche experts and quality writers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.